Industrial refrigeration: Finder solutions
Starting from the so-called ‘conquest of cold’ – the name by which the invention of refrigerators in the 20th century is known – refrigeration systems have been subject to non-stop evolution and innovation, and have expanded into different types of products in various sectors, such as food, medical, chemical/pharmaceutical and air conditioning.
The most popular applications in the refrigeration sector include:
- cold rooms;
- refrigerated counters and cabinets;
- blast chillers.
In compliance with the standards in place concerning refrigeration, Finder offers a wide range of products for:
- the control of compressors for refrigeration loop generation to manage compressor programming and overall operation;
- condensate level monitoring for refrigerated counters and cabinets.
With a compact footprint, the capability to manage high inrush currents, high sensitivity and control accuracy, Finder components are suitable for a wide range of refrigeration applications, and they boast a high number of agency approvals and certifications.
Here are some Finder products that are used in refrigeration applications:
- 40 Series – PCB / Plug-in relays
1 and 2 pole for PCB or socket mounting, with low consumption coils and a rated current of up to 16 A: Available in both AC and DC, including a bistable version.
Type 40.62 PCB / plug-in relay
- 55 Series – General purpose relays
2, 3 and 4 pole general purpose relays for socket and PCB mounting.
Type 55.34 general purpose relay
- 72 Series – Level control relays for conductive liquids
Monitors and controls the condensate level in refrigerated cabinets using dedicated electrodes.
Type 72.01 level control relay for conductive liquids and type 072.11 floor water sensor
- 80 Series – Modular timers
1 and 2 pole multivoltage and multifunction modular timers with a rated current of up to 16 A.
- 65 Series – Power relays 20 – 30 A
65 Series power relays for PCB, Faston 250 or flange mounting. ≥ 3 mm contact gap version available.
- 70 Series – Line monitoring relays
Electronic voltage monitoring relays for single and three-phase applications that allow monitoring of undervoltage and overvoltage, phase sequence and phase failure.
- Relays compliant with the ATEX directive
Type 50.32 relay interface module (ATEX version) and type 66.22 power relay